Mailscanner and memory resources

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Fri Jan 23 16:38:15 GMT 2004

 I've started using some of the SA ruleset like tripwire, bigevil and
such.  In doing so, I'm finding that the size of the MailScanner
processes increase dramatically because each MailScanner process is
essentially it's own SA process and loads all the configs and rules it
needs.  Wouldn't it be better to just have MailScanner make calls to
spamd thus reducing the amount of resources?  On my system with 2gigs of
Ram and running 10 MailScanner processes, each process is 119megs with
these rulesets "BIGEVIL TRIPWIRE BACKHAIR WEEDS2 CHICKENPOX ANTIDRUG
EVILNUMBERS BLACKLIST BLACKLIST_URI"

-=Bobby