MS not deleting spam

Eagle Net Support support at EAGLE-ACCESS.NET
Fri Jan 23 07:53:33 GMT 2004

> > > What is apparently your problem is that you didin't realize
> > that there were 2 settings for spam:
> > >
> > > High Scoring Spam Actions
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > Spam Actions
> > >
> > > -What probably happens here is that your Spam Actions  is
> > set to deliver and High Scoring is set to delete
> > >
> > > Set both to store delete or just delete if you don't want
> > to store them.
> >
> > Which file am I looking to edit for 'High Scoring Spam
> > Actions' and 'Spam Actions'?
> >
> > joe
>
> /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

That's the first place I looked.  Silly mistake though, my search string
I used was "/high scoring" instead of the correct string /High Scoring  :
'}

But that did the trick.  I'm stopping about 75% of the spam now.  I've
been reading the
bigevil.cf list recommends you mentioned and will put it on in the morn.
I'm shooting for filtering 90%+

BTW the "store delete" entry stopped this list. ???   Had to whitelist
in....  Is this an aberration to this list or can I expect clients will
loose access to their lists until I whitelist them?   :  '}

Thanks
joe