feature request - FW: Just the notification for spam?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Wed Jan 21 22:28:53 GMT 2004

You mean a report each day that tells the user what messages were blocked
and provides them with links to log into MailWatch?  I'd thought about doing
that too, but I don't think my users will be willing or even able to wait
for the daily report.

Although I'm still fond of telling people silly enough to come stomping up
to me about a missing email that "it's not uncommon for email messages to be
delayed several days", very few of them buy it. :-)

One could watch the mailwatch mailscanner table and send alerts immediately
based on that, but I'm not sure whether mysql supports database triggers.
Steve's posted recently about moving to postgres instead, which i *think*
supports triggers...  But it seems a *lot* cleaner to just add this
functionality to mailscanner as an action.

I would think this would be pretty straightforward to code into MS - just
duplicate the code for the "deliver attach" actions, but leave off the
attachment if the action is "notifyrecipient".  Then my action lines would
read "store notifyrecipient".

...but I've only barely looked at the mailscanner code, so I could be very
wrong...

--
Trever