automatic Sophos ide files

hermit921 hermit921 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 21 21:52:51 GMT 2004

We use the default MailScanner hourly update of Sophos ide files.  However,
they seem to accumulate in /usr/local/Sophos/ide indefinitely.  oi have
been told that when the new Sophos version comes out each month, the
previous ide files are no longer necessary since they are merged into the
Sophos engine.

Can anyone confirm this?  Is it safe to delete ide files more than a month
old at the time I update the Sophos engine?  At least one place on the
Sophos documentation it implies removing the old ide files is necessary.

hermit921