feature request - FW: Just the notification for spam?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Wed Jan 21 16:57:57 GMT 2004

No one responded with any suggestions for how to accomplish this in
mailscanner, so I'm assuming it's not yet possible.

So I'm hoping this will be considered as a feature request. :-)

New feature requested:
A new "action", recipientnotify, that causes a notification message to be
sent to the recipient instead of the original message.  The message file
would need to support the common variable interpolations - $report, $from,
$subject, $localposter, etc.

And the way I'd envision using this new feature:
In MailScanner.conf:
Spam Actions = store recipientnotify

Then, the message sent to the recipient would look something like:

------ Begin recipient message ------
Our mail filtering system has blocked a message sent to you
from:

...with a subject of:

If you believe this to be a valid message, please click

The original message will be stored for 7 days.
------ End recipient message ------

The linked web page would allow the user to take whatever
actions are appropriate for the site - ie sa-learn, release
from quarantine, whitelist, whatever.

This approach circumvents the need for any user-based authentication
and allows for a *very* simple user interface to quarantined mail.