Spam bypassing gateway server

Chris Kissinger chrisk at OS-IT.NET
Tue Jan 20 16:49:21 GMT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Julian Field wrote:
> Is the rest of your network firewalled properly? Is there any way to get
> port 25 on any other servers except the gateway mail server? The MX tells
> people where they *should* deliver mail. There's nothing stopping the
> spammers trying some other host.

I don't know why, but I always forget how dedicated spammers are to
disrupting our world. Regular mail server has 25 open as not all domains
hosted on it are scanned by mailscanner. I suppose I could send them all
through and just not do any checks.

Guess I'll come up with something... Thanks Julian, you're always on the
ball. (Especially when the stupid simple answers evade us.)

Chris