Rejected posting

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Jan 19 18:05:34 GMT 2004

At 01:00 PM 1/19/2004, you wrote:
>At 12:52 PM 1/19/2004, Stephe Campbell wrote:
> >Is anyone else receiving these messages? Every thing I send is apparently
> >being delivered twice  to the list and I receive a reply as follows:
>
><snip dupe-post warning>
>
>It's happened here a few times before.. generaly it means someone who
>subscribes to the list has a mis-configured mailserver that winds up
>looping list posts back to the list, making every post have a second copy
>that gets rejected.

robsdesk.com would appear to be the offender that is misconfigured and
looping posts.

Take a look at the Received: headers in the bounced message.. note that
jiscmail dropped it off at robsdesk, and then later robsdesk delivers it back.

(cpc2-tref1-4-0-cust125.cdif.cable.ntl.com [81.101.157.125])
         by kili.jiscmail.ac.uk (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id i0JHxOHZ008005
         for <mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk>; Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:59:25 GMT

Rob: please fix your server. It appears to be attempting to re-deliver
messages based on the To: header, instead of properly tracking the
envelope. It is NEVER valid to attempt mail delivery based on the To: field
inside the message.