Confusing log entries

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 17:55:50 GMT 2004

The number listed as "waiting" includes all messages that are only partly
delivered. If there are any messages waiting to be scanned (and have been
fully delivered), then MailScanner will scan those available, even if it is
smaller than the batch size limit. As Raymond said, you don't want to wait
until there are 100 fully delivered before doing anything.

As only 1 was scanned this time around, that implies that the other 11-1=10
messages are still being delivered and so are not yet ready for scanning.

The message in the log isn't 100% clear, I agree, but I couldn't think of
any better concise wording for it. And now I don't want to change it since
people might be looking for it as part of some log analysis system they
have written.

--
Julian Field