CF RULES

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Mon Jan 19 16:20:00 GMT 2004

> ...snip
>
> I've added some of these rules to /etc/mail/spamassassin and
> they do work. However, I'm a little nervous about the amount
> of matches that are added to the header.  Isn't there a limit
> on the size of the headers?
>
> It would be much better if hits were summarized ie 8 instead
> of 100 Fred's Rules all at .08 but I don't know how to do that.
>

> Gerry

I'm sure someone asked this on the SA-list the other day he was having that
exact problem with Exim barfing on the header being too long.  I'm not sure
what the limit is on Sendmail - I had a quick Google but couldn't find it,
and I'm not bothered about downloading the source to check :-))

Because of this the Tripwire rules were renamed from FVGT_TRIPWIRE_?? To
TW_?? - but I don't believe that there is a way to combine multiple matching
rules into one combined for the report - I just did it by hand to save
bandwidth on my post :-))

If you're paranoid about this you could always turn off the 'Detailed Spam
Report' option in MailScanner.conf.

Kind regards,
Steve.

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.