Automatic download of extra SA rule sets

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Mon Jan 19 15:25:07 GMT 2004

Chris Thielen has written a VERY complete and well thought out script to
download the most commonly used SA rules files and posted a link to his
script on the SA mail list:

        http://sandgnat.com/cmos/rules_du_jour

I have tested this script and it required only minor configuration changes
to work with MailScanner. It would also be very easy to extend the script to
get additional Rule Sets.

A couple of caveats:

1. Test first with the Debug flag set.
2. my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf was very old (and not needed). This
kept spamassassin --lint from running with out errors. I removed the file
and all was well.

3. Saving the file from a web browser created some problems, run:

        wget    http://sandgnat.com/cmos/rules_du_jour

to get the file.

Steve
Stephen Swaney