SpamAssasin help

spam at CRYING.COM spam at CRYING.COM
Sun Jan 18 03:44:41 GMT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:40:40 +0000, Drew Marshall
<drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK> wrote:

>Howard wrote:
>
>>I'm running Mailscanner 4.25-14, Spamassassin 2.61
>>
>>I'm sort of a newbie. :(
>>
>>I was wondering if someone could tell me step by step how I would add
>>bigevil.cf?
>>

>Drop the bigevil file into /etc/mail/spamassassin & restart MailScanner
>
>>I've added it to my server but I'm not sure exactly what files I am to
>>modify. Do I just modify mailscanner.conf?
>>
>>If so what lines??
>>
>>I have this in my mailscanner.conf:
>>Spam List = ORDB-RBL
>>
>>Do I add to that line? And then restart mailscanner and that's all?
>>
>>Any detailed instructions would be awesome.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>Enjoy
>
>Drew
>
>--
>In line with our policy, this message has
>been scanned for viruses and dangerous
>content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
>www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

If it were that simple.... :(

>>I was wondering if someone could tell me step by step how I would add
>>bigevil.cf?
>>

>Drop the bigevil file into /etc/mail/spamassassin & restart MailScanner

Okay I tried that and when I did a spamassassin --lint

I got a bunch of errors here is a clip :

Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: /\by
(?:ourmortgagequote\.com|ouronlineoffers\d?
\.com|ourplaceforeverything\.com|ourrxstore\.biz|oyobro\.biz|oyobro\.net|qd
dvmdvmm\.wizawow\.com|u67fx23\.com|ubrsxc4\.com)\b/i
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: uri
BigEvilList_178

I don't have to do anything to my spam.assassin.prefs.conf ? If I do, what
exactly?

Thanks... my eyeballs have been trying to figure all this out and I've
printed out about 100 pages of different topics and still can't figure it
out.