Bayes problem

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Fri Jan 16 15:23:24 GMT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:19:03 -0600, you wrote:

>I asked this on SATalk but never got a response.
>
>Got a question about Bayes. I have run into this a few times now and not
>sure what is causing it.
>
>When I run a sa-learn command, if I am training something or maintenance, I
>get this error:
>
>Cannot open bayes databases /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_* R/O:
>tie failed: I
>nappropriate file type or format
>Cannot open bayes databases /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_* R/W:
>tie failed: I
>nappropriate file type or format
>Cannot open bayes databases /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_* R/W:
>tie failed: I
>nappropriate file type or format
>
>What is this saying and how to I fix it?

It means some other program is updating the bayes files and have them
locked. You can wait untill that program releases the lock. Probably it
is SA called by MS. So I do a "MailScanner stop", "MailScanner startin"
before the sa-learn. After that I do a "MailScanner start".

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)