Some messages not being spam scanned?

Andy Moran andy at WILDBRAIN.COM
Wed Jan 14 18:23:22 GMT 2004

MailScanner seems to correctly scan the vast majority of our messages at
our company, but we've been getting some which do not have any score as
if MailScanner decided to skip the SpamAssassin test.    I thought at
first SpamAssassin was timing out (and perhaps it is?), but I have the
timeout set to 100 and I don't notice any spamassassin processes stuck
around.

Below is the headers of one such message that slipped through.  YOu will
notice there is no X-WB-MailScanner-SpamCheck like the vast majority of
our messages have.  One of our users suggested that perhaps MailScanner
honored those  Habeus headers..  I was almost insulted at the suggestion.

Is there any way I can figure out why MailScanner isn't giving these a
spam score?