New McAfee Commandline Scanner for Unix/Linux is out

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at USERS.SOURCEFORGE.NET
Tue Jan 13 03:19:32 GMT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:31:41 +1100 James Gray <james at GRAYONLINE.ID.AU> wrote:

> > > Now install the the P4 optimised version on the same system and it will
> > > complain that it can't load libstdc++.so.5.  You can manually symlink this:
> > > ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3.0.4 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
> >
> > No no no! C++ ABI is not compatible between major versions, so it
> > probably does not work because you cannot symlink like that!
> > Please get libstdc++.so.5 for your distribution.
>
> I realise this but there isn't (as far as I'm aware) a libstdc++.so.5 for Debian
> Woody.  Can anyone set the record straight here??

You should compile gcc 3.2 yourself (IIRC libstdc++.so.5 is from g++ 3.2)
or try to find a package at http://www.backports.org/, http://www.apt-get.org/
or some other place.

Regards,
Nerijus