HABEAS_SWE -8.00 score

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Jan 12 20:39:31 GMT 2004

At 03:18 PM 1/12/2004, Gerry Doris wrote:
>I fully expect to see an onslaught of these now and I'm skeptical that
>Hebeas will be able to stem the tide.  However, based on your confidence
>in them I'll start holding my breath and see what happens <g>!

For reference, I've been running with the following in my
spam.assassin.prefs.conf ever since SWE was added to SA:

         score HABEAS_SWE -3.0

I also tend to reign in the score of RCVD_IN_BSP_TRUSTED a bit as well.

Even so, I've been having to use some custom rules to catch this wave. One
of them still came in at +3.174, even with the SWE only giving -3.0.
Without SWE at all it would have just barely been over the line at +6.174.

I've been using this case-sensitive rule, among others, to catch this
particular wave and force them to hit some heavy scores:

body LOCAL_SPAMMER_PRIVACY              /\.\.\. We respect your Privacy\b/
score LOCAL_SPAMMER_PRIVACY             5.0
describe LOCAL_SPAMMER_PRIVACY  this spammer respects our privacy, but not
our mailboxes

If you look at several of the emails there's a few pieces of text that
don't vary across any of them.. You can write a bunch of simple rules to
match those parts.