exim equivalent of sendmail's access_db

Mon Jan 12 17:26:28 GMT 2004

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>

>>I'm trying to setup my 'listening' exim config so it rejects email to
>>non-existant addresses, but still relays for outbonnd email
>>
>>With sendmail I could use the access_db feature and put all the valid
>>email addresses in a file (not that many).
>

> If you have a static file you can use a lookup for this... On rcpt or
> sender.
>
> Could provide you some samples, little offtopic here.
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.
Yeah I know - but it saves having to subscribe to the exim list (and
explaining how MailScanner works etc, and there are some Exim guru's
lurking here..)

Anyway I have a list of valid email addresses...

martinh at solid-state-logic.com
martin.hepworth at solid-state-logic.com
postmaster at solid-state-logic.com

if the email is from the 'outside' then it should check the list. If on
the list then queue_only (as it does now). If not on the list reject the
email.

If the email is from the internal network (ie our relay host), then
queue_only.

This will stop exim (and MailScanner) processing all the spam I get for
non-existant users.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator