1 week's spam

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 10:19:28 GMT 2004

Morning all,

Thought I would do a little check that my spam settings are doing okay.
So I have been checking my spam for the past week.

In the past 7 days, I have received 2,977 bits of spam personally addressed
to me.
That's about 425 every day, which is about half my mail. (Boy, am I glad of
that MailScanner thingy!)

In that time, there have been 0 false positives, and 23 false negatives.
This gives success rates of 100% and 99.2% respectively.

Which I reckon is pretty good :-)

Setup details:
Spam List = ORDB-RBL MAPS-RBL+ spamhaus.org spamhaus-XBL
Max SpamAssassin Size = 40000
Required SpamAssassin Score = 6
SA 2.61 with BigEvil list added
DCC
Razor2

The most amusing subject line of them all has to be this one:
         A lean, fit and younger mailer-daemon

Yes, I did think my current mailer-daemon was looking a bit ragged round
the edges :-)
--
Julian Field