Antivir

Erik Jakobsen eja at URBAKKEN.DK
Sun Jan 11 21:07:29 GMT 2004

> Okay then - where did you install antivir (just the short answer, please - the
> location of the antivir executable will do - I don't need an output from find
> or locate).

Sorry for having done that Antony. Hope this is better ?. :-((

# which antivir
/usr/bin/antivir

> Did you try the test I suggested earlier, by the way - can you successfully
> run antivir manually to do a virus check?

I donwloaded the 4 files from Eicar, but it seems they were not treated
as viruses according to the output shown below. Yes I ran the antivir
manually ok.

# /usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper /usr/lib/AntiVir/  -allfiles -s
-noboot  -rs -z .
AntiVir / Linux Version 2.0.9-9
Copyright (c) 1994-2003 by H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH.
All rights reserved.

VDF version: 6.23.0.28 created 09 Jan 2004

For private, non-commercial use only.
AntiVir license: 1111111111 for xxxx yyyyy,   zzzzz

checking drive/path (list): .

----- scan results -----

  directories:        5

        files:       10