File Table Full

Sun Jan 11 17:38:13 GMT 2004

On Sunday 11 January 2004 5:32 pm, Chris Harris wrote:

> I'm getting some errors and hoping someone can tell me what has cause it
> and how I can fix it.
>
> in my messages log:
>
> sendmail[54147]: i0B9PGr5054147: SYSERR(root): fill_fd: disconnect: fd 0
> not open: Bad file descriptor
>
> > file: table is full
>
> sendmail[54227]: i0B9Per5054227: SYSERR(root): fill_fd: disconnect: cannot
> open /dev/null: Too many open files in system
>
> the message file: table is full is repeated over and over.

What O/S are you running?   What type of file system is mounted?   What size
partition/s are you using?

Antony.

--
Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.

 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.