ANNOUNCE: Unstable release 4.26-4 released (harping)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jan 11 09:59:31 GMT 2004

At 20:56 10/01/2004, you wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Julian Field wrote:
> >
> > Try it again with the new file. I don't see how on earth you ever got an
> > error about a - in line 4. There isn't one.
>
>Hi Julian thanks for listening.
>
>I see that you have updated your spec file, but I do not see the updated
>corresponding source code on the site...

I haven't done a rebuild of all of it just to change this, no. Didn't see
much point.

>Just to wrap up this is my spec file
>
>Sorry I snipped lines 1 and 2 ... line 4 is
>"Version:        4.25-14"
>
><snip>
>Name:           MailScanner
>Version:        4.25-14
>Release:        1
>Source:         %{software_name}-%{version}.tar.gz
></snip>

That must have been a very old spec file you had. I set the version using a
variable defined at the top of the spec file a very long time ago. That
defined version as 4.25 and Release as 14, which I thought was an
acceptable way of doing it.
--
Julian Field