whitelist options in SA user_prefs not being obeyed?

David Gibbs david at MIDRANGE.COM
Sun Jan 11 02:41:19 GMT 2004

>> Anyone know why a whitelist_from entry in my SpamAssassin user_prefs
>  > file wouldn't be followed?
> Shouldn't you use a ruleset instead? Look in MailScanner.conf:

Not really ... I want my users to be able to control their whitelist's
themselves.  Having all the whitelist rules in a single, MailScanner
controlled, file defeats that.

Regardless of that, however, I have to question what other SpamAssassin
rules MailScanner isn't processing ... if it's causing SA to disregard
the whitelist, what else is it causing SA to disregard?

david