Customized spam actions.

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat Jan 10 22:31:35 GMT 2004

Chris Yuzik wrote:

> Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Is it possible to customize the spam actions by email or by domain ?
>>
>> Example 1: The owner of the mailboxl user1 at test.com wants that all
>> its email messages marked as spam be bounced, but the owner of the
>> mailbox user2 at test.com wants a deliver of its spam messages.

Yes. Just create an appropriate rule file (Don't forget it must end
.rules) e.g.
user1 at test.com   delete (Don't bounce unless you know the sender. The
only time I bounce is when I have manually black listed a sender and
therefore know if they exist or are a forgery)
user2 at test.com   deliver

This can be done using any of the available options as shown in the
MailScanner.conf file. Last thing to do is set the spam actions = to be
/path/to/rule file.rules

> Please don't bounce spam. It causes untold grief to the innocent
> people who have had their email addresses forged by spammers. Next
> thing they know, they get 10,000 bounce messages in their inbox.

As I mentioned above!

> Cheers,
> Chris

Good luck