dash versus dot

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Jan 9 18:15:24 GMT 2004

Julian,
   I have to agree with Robin on this one.  The dash has always
bugged me because my fingers find the period (er, "full stop")
easier than that dash on the top row.  Plus, all other UNIX
software seems to use the "major.minor.teeny" syntax.  I just
figured the dash was a UK quirk and never said anything about it...

Jeff Earickson
Colby College