ANNOUNCE: Unstable release 4.26-4 released

Fri Jan 9 17:10:38 GMT 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 5:00 pm, Robin M. wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Tony Finch wrote:
> just a reminder to Julian
>
> please if you see fit change the naming scheme to the standard.

Whose/which standard?

> 4.26.4 instead of 4.26-4

Personally I prefer the latter because it more clearly suggests release 4 of
version 4.26, whereas the former doesn't really indicate whether it's an
interim release or just the next one in the series.

Just my 2p, of course.

Antony.

--
There are two possible outcomes:

 If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.
 If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.

 - Enrico Fermi

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.