MailScanner ignored?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 15:43:27 GMT 2004

At 10:53 08/01/2004, you wrote:
>I'm probably missing something, but I've never seen this before.
>
>This message got through mailscanner and no mailscanner headers were
>applied.  I checked the logfile on the handling mailserver for the
>appropriate MessageID and there is no question that MailScanner checked
>the message...

I've never seen MailScanner just not scan a message. What I suspect is that
you might have sendmail started up incorrectly. Kill *all* the sendmail
processes that are running and then start up MailScanner. You should end up
with 2 or 3 sendmails (I don't know what version of sendmail running or
what your setup is).

>When SPAM gets through (very infrequently) I normally check the headers
>to make sure the message was scanned and to evaluate the score received.
>Did MailScanner stop processing this message because of the
>"X-AntiAbuse" headers?

No, definitely not.

--
Julian Field