Sophos Update Error

Richard Sidlin maillist at HELPINTERNET.CO.UK
Wed Jan 7 22:17:40 GMT 2004

Hi

I ran Sophos.install as usual and when it runs, under "Installing virus data" it says vdl-3.77a.dat.

When I start MailScanner, it just states the version of MailScanner not the version of Sophos. I have rerun Sophos.install but it
did not cure it.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 07 January 2004 22:07
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Sophos Update Error

>I have installed the December Sophos file but get the following error
>when it tries to update the IDE's:

How did you install it?  If you just run the install in the sav-install directory it won't work.  You need to rerun
"Sophos-install".

When mailscanner fires up, what version of Sophos does it say it's using (this should be in your logs.)

For example, mine say:

mail.log.0:Jan  6 21:45:50 mail MailScanner[11835]: SophosSAVI 3.77 (engine
2.18) recognizing 86847 viruses

--J(K)

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the Help Internet Virus Spam Defence, and is believed to be
clean. For details on having your email scanned email support at helpinternet.co.uk

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the Help Internet Virus Spam Defence, and is
believed to be clean. For details on having your email scanned email support at helpinternet.co.uk