Sophos Update Error

Wed Jan 7 22:07:52 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 10:01 pm, Richard Sidlin wrote:

> I have installed the December Sophos file but get the following error
> when it tries to update the IDE's:
>
>  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
>   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
>   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
>   the last disk(s) of this archive.
> unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of 377_ides.zip or
>         377_ides.zip.zip, and cannot find 377_ides.zip.ZIP, period.
> Unzipping the new Sophos IDE files failed. This may well be because your
> Sophos installation is too old. Please install the latest release of
> SophosUnzip failed with error return 9
> , Bad file descriptor at /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-autoupdate line 94.
> Done.
>
> What's the problem please?

When did you last update the Sophos engine itself (separately from the IDE
signature files)?

You have to do this at least every three months in order to keep Sophos
running.

I suspect the problem is identified by the phrase "This may well be because
your Sophos installation is too old. Please install the latest release of
Sophos".

Antony.

--
In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

 - Paul Dirac

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.