SA unable to locate the db_module

Steve Douglas steve.douglas at SBIINCORPORATED.COM
Wed Jan 7 21:57:49 GMT 2004

I installed this, but now I am receiving the following:

debug: bayes: 15658 tie-ing to DB file R/O var/spool/spamassassin/bayes_toks
Cannot open bayes databases /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:
Inappropriate ioctl for device

Maybe it is me, but SA is a pain in the keaster!

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kettler [mailto:mkettler at EVI-INC.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 6:59 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: SA unable to locate the db_module

As per SA's output, you don't have DB_File support installed in your copy
of perl.

Since SA 2.6x uses standard database files for bayes, instead of it's own
custom code, you need this module for bayes to work.

So, install the DB_File perl module. It's available as an RPM in most
redhat distros, and it's probably in CPAN too.

You may also need to install Berkeley DB support.