does MS spam list increase SA score?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 17:30:01 GMT 2004

At 17:09 07/01/2004, you wrote:
>Julian,
>
>    Dumb question, but if I have the "Spam List = " setting
>defined, eg:
>
>Spam List = spamcop.net spamhaus.org CBL ORDB-RBL
>
>then does a hit against each list add to the SA score somehow?
>It doesn't look like it.

Correct. It doesn't affect the SA score.

>   Can hits on these blocklists be used
>to raise the score, by way of definitions in spam.assassin.prefs.conf?

You just need to change the scores of the SA rules that match against the
RBLs you are interested in. Copy the relevant lines from 50_scores.cf (in
your SA rules directory) into spam.assassin.prefs.conf and change the
number. They are supplied with 4 numbers, but when changing them yourself
you only really need to specify 1 number.

>I've never really used this feature much before, so I'm a little
>puzzled as to what it actually does to a message.  Make sure that
>it gets tagged with "{Spam?}"?

Yes.

>   Raise the SA score?

No.

>   I see that 4.25-14
>has the "Spam Lists To Reach High Score" feature, but what else happens?

Nothing. The Spam Lists and SA are separate.

--
Julian Field