MailScanning and Outsending!

Jacques Caruso jacques at MONACO.NET
Tue Jan 6 16:28:12 GMT 2004

Le Mardi 06 Janvier 2004 17:03, Alexander Endl a écrit :
> So now mail isnt being scanned by mailscanner though is it? You need
> to change the main.cf back.

Exactly. The very point of deferring transport is to let MS collect the
messages for scanning...

> 1.Postfix (inbound) accepts mail for processing, it defers the
> incoming mail eg - hold the mail and do nothing else,

Yes.

> 2.MailScanner collect the mail and process it, place it in the
> outbound queue,

Yes.

> 3. Postfix.in (outbound) then discovers mail in the queue ready for
> delivery, it does the smtp delivery.

Not necessarily the SMTP delivery. If you aren't relaying to another
server, it will use the local agent to deliver to a local mailbox.

> WHAT CAN I DO THAT IT WILL WORK FINE AND CORRECTLY, THE INSTALLATION
> TIPS ON THE WEBSITE DONT FUNCTION...

There is no need to shout. Have you made sure your two postfixes were
running ? Specifically : is the _outgoing_ Postfix (the one with the
configuration in /etc/postfix) running ? Does a 'postqueue -c
/etc/postfix -p' shows the messages in the /var/spool/postfix/incoming
queue ? If so, can you (1) stop the incoming Postfix, (2) make sure the
outgoing one is running, and (3) do a queue run (with 'postqueue -c
/etc/postfix -f') to see if the messages are delivered ? If they're
still stuck in the queue, what do your logfiles show ?

> Jan  6 17:00:01 creative postfix/postdrop[777]: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory
> Jan  6 17:00:01 creative postfix/postdrop[797]: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory
> Jan  6 17:00:01 creative postfix/postdrop[796]: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory

What's this ? Are the queue directories correctly created ? Have you
this in /var/spool ?

[root at sceuzi][~]# ls -dl /var/spool/post*
drwxr-xr-x   18 root     root         4096 2003-11-21 18:21 /var/spool/postfix
drwxr-xr-x   18 root     root         4096 2003-09-27 04:42 /var/spool/postfix.in

And have you made sure the subdirectories of these are the same, and
have the correct permissions ? Everything inside should be chown
postfix, and (maildrop|public/*) should be chgrp postdrop...

> If you have ICQ and can help me please let me Know; my ICQ is
> 133115107 If anybody can help me quickly i will pay just 30 EURO!!!

Have you had a look at <http://www.mailscanner.biz/> ? There seem to be
some commercial support available for this product...

Greets,
--
[ Jacques Caruso <jacques at monaco.net>                  Développeur PHP ]
[ Monaco Internet                           http://monaco-internet.mc/ ]