Which messages to feed to Bayes?

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat Feb 28 20:17:28 GMT 2004

Nathan Johanson wrote:

>>At 06:47 PM 2/26/2004, Michael St. Laurent wrote:
>>

>>>Excellent.  Okay, what about spam messages that have lost
>>>

>>their headers
>>

>>>becuase the user forwarded it to me (Outlook strips the
>>>

>>headers when you do
>>

>>>that).  Will it still benefit from looking at just the body
>>>

>>of the message?
>>
>>No.. SA requires a complete email to be trained, and it
>>learns from both
>>the headers and the body at the same time.
>>
>>If you can get them to forward you the message as an attachment with
>>headers, or use some kind of redirect feature that keeps the
>>headers intact
>>you should be OK.. But plain forwards don't work.
>>

>Isn't there a script or perl module floating around that will unpack
>this attached message? If so, can someone please post the location?

The one I use is here http://jousset.org/sa-wrapper.pl but I'm on
Postfix and use this style of set up detailed here
http://jousset.org/pub/sa-postfix.en.html I'm sure it's possible to
tweak the ideas for other MTA's just remember if you set a ham address
up not to make it guessable or better still not directly publicly
accessible, otherwise you will have 50000 spam mails queuing for your
'ham' box!

>Nathan

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous