A few questions I can't find in archive...

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Fri Feb 27 22:46:17 GMT 2004

Raymond Dijkxhoorn <mailto:raymond at PROLOCATION.NET> wrote:
>> Mmmm... personally I would advise against it for the moment.  Wait
>> for a more stable version to come out.  The current version is
>> basically an alpha release.  I tried it out on my laptop and after
>> about a week of trying to make it useable I had to give up and
>> revert back to Red Hat 9.
>
> We process around 2M mails daily on our mailcluster and i would
> recommend upgrading any RH9 box to CORE-1, it simply run much faster.
> We did some test on that. Also the ram usage is much better with the
> kernel supplied with that distribution.

Maybe that's the difference.  I was trying Core 2 test 1 not Core 1 final.

> Its certainly not an alpha release, i am involved with Fedora myself
> also, we run a mirror from the start, even before the merger with
> RedHat. Its mostly RedHat people doing this and you even might
> consider it RH 9.1 or RH 10.

Again, perhaps I was thinking about the wrong release.

> I hope you wont project your experience using it on your labtop how it
> would perform on mailservers. And thats, i think, what we are talking
> about here.
>
> If you can afford is you should perhaps try RH ES, those are compiled
> with a different optimized compiler. So high end either RH ES (Or
> Whitebox) :)

Nah, I'll just wait for the final release of Fedora.  I'm sure it will be
better.  :-D

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation