SuSE 9 install problem

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Feb 27 21:31:54 GMT 2004

William Burns wrote on         Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:40:19 -0500:

> > error: Failed build dependancies:
> >   perl >= 0:5.00503 is needed by perl-Net-CIDR-0.08-2

I got the same error on Suse 9, but when installing the tarball. I went
and installed finally all three or four modules which didn't like to
install via CPAN. It keeps happening after these are installed. So, I
don't think this is because of a dependency on the MIME-Tools.
Must be something wrong in the dedection code of the modules packed in the
tarball. I wonder via Julian doesn't simply provide the commands for the
CPAN install. I've not seen any CPAN install going wrong for a very long
time.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany