A few questions I can't find in archive...

Nick Nelson nnelson at 1SEO.NET
Fri Feb 27 21:24:46 GMT 2004

Dan Hollis wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Nick Nelson wrote:
>

>>My first question is, anyone have any input on MS in a 64bit enviorment?
>>  I'll probably end up running it in 32bit anyhow, but
>>advantages/disadvantages?
>>

>I cant think of any advantages to running it 64bit, it would likely be
>slower.
>
>-Dan

In that case, and with the talk of SATA drives possibly not doing as
well, I'll probably just skip back to Dual Xeons with SCSI drives.  The
cost is less on the Dual Xeons as well, which is a good thing of course.

Is there a safe amount to assume each box can push optimized well on
Dual Xeons, SCSI drives and 2Gig of RAM?

nick