Forward to other port

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Fri Feb 27 11:15:28 GMT 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:19:38 -0800, you wrote:

>I have a scenario very similar to the one described in
>the FAQ here:
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/152.html
>
>MailScanner will be configured on my MX. After
>Scanning incoming mail I would like the mail to be
>forwarded via SMTP to another server. The one
>difference between the scenario in the FAQ and my
>scenario is that the end server is running its smtp
>server on a non-standard port.
>
>Can I do this? Any suggestions on how?

No problem. But also not an MS problem. You can do this with
mailscanner. You just define a new mailer which operates on a different
port and define that mailer as the default mailer for sending to the
other server.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)