Which messages to feed to Bayes?

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Fri Feb 27 09:38:30 GMT 2004

HI Matt,

> No.. SA requires a complete email to be trained, and it
> learns from both the headers and the body at the same time.

is that really true? Of course it would be perfect to get the original message. But a changed header does not automatically mean that learning the rest of the message does not make send, does it? The database will still learn from the body, that the words are considered to be spammy.

Exchange 2000 users simply have no way to feed back the original message. Even the public folder approach (which we use for about a year now) is not perfect since Exchange 2000 and 2003 will always return the e-mail in HTML format, even if it was plain text in the first place.

Still I see that my so trained bayes database is getting more and more accurate.

Regards,
  JP