Which messages to feed to Bayes?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Feb 26 23:53:57 GMT 2004

At 06:47 PM 2/26/2004, Michael St. Laurent wrote:
>Excellent.  Okay, what about spam messages that have lost their headers
>becuase the user forwarded it to me (Outlook strips the headers when you do
>that).  Will it still benefit from looking at just the body of the message?

No.. SA requires a complete email to be trained, and it learns from both
the headers and the body at the same time.

If you can get them to forward you the message as an attachment with
headers, or use some kind of redirect feature that keeps the headers intact
you should be OK.. But plain forwards don't work.