Which messages to feed to Bayes?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Feb 26 22:08:53 GMT 2004

Michael St. Laurent wrote:
> Should we be feeding the Bayes engine in Spamassassin messages that it has
> recognized as spam?  The reason I am considering doing this is the thought
> that it would eventually increase the spam score on like emails until they
> break the high spam score level and get dropped instead of flagged.
>
> Comments?

If the score triggered the autolearn feature Bayes will not learn from
the same message again. Look in bayes_seen, it's full of message id:s.

So this feature already exists, just lower the threshold for autolearn
if you want to, the default is 12. Put "bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam
8" or similar in spam.assassin.prefs.conf and it will do it for you.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2