Blocking exe's, pif's, etc inside Zip file

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 21:07:04 GMT 2004

At 20:10 26/02/2004, you wrote:
>Le jeu 26/02/2004 à 12:03, Julian Field a écrit :
> > This is something I have started to look at. One of the problems is working
> > out how it can be attacked and how best to handle the attacks.
> >
> > I would like to be able to check all the names in all the zip files that
> > might be contained within further zip files, which could all be in 1 zip
> > file attached to the message. If I check n levels down, someone will just
> > pack their files in n+1 levels to beat me. Making sure that cannot be
> > attacked is tricky.

I have written the basic code, but it requires 3 more Perl modules to be
installed. I doubt I have time to build and test the RPMs for the 3 modules
before this weekend. Getting the RPMs absolutely right isn't easy, and is
not a job to be hurried. But it may turn up some time after that.
--
Julian Field