Blocking exe's, pif's, etc inside Zip file

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 17:03:50 GMT 2004

This is something I have started to look at. One of the problems is working
out how it can be attacked and how best to handle the attacks.

I would like to be able to check all the names in all the zip files that
might be contained within further zip files, which could all be in 1 zip
file attached to the message. If I check n levels down, someone will just
pack their files in n+1 levels to beat me. Making sure that cannot be
attacked is tricky.

--
Julian Field