Email Spam Reports sent to recipients

Julian Rawcliffe jrawcliffe at LONDON.EDU
Thu Feb 26 09:57:42 GMT 2004

This is probably a silly question, but I'm still stumped.

We're running MailScanner 4.25-14 with SpamAssassin 2.63 and
deliver identified Spam as an attachment (for server-side
filtering). To identify whether a message is genuine spam
or

I am also running SA 2.60 at home, without MailScanner. In this
case, however, the spam reports sent with a message include the
Spam report along with a human readable description of the spam:

 pts rule name              description
---- -------------------------------------------------------------------
 0.3 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
 0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNKNOWN BODY: HTML font color is unknown to us
 0.8 HTML_30_40             BODY: Message is 30% to 40% HTML
 0.6 HTML_WEB_BUGS          BODY: Image tag intended to identify you
 0.1 MIME_HTML_ONLY         BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
 0.5 HTML_LINK_PUSH_HERE    BODY: HTML link text says "push here" or
similar
 0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_RED     BODY: HTML font color is red
 1.3 MAILTO_SUBJ_REMOVE     BODY: mailto URI includes removal text
 0.7 MIME_HTML_NO_CHARSET   RAW: Message text in HTML without charset
 0.0 MAILTO_TO_REMOVE       URI: Includes a 'remove' email address
 0.2 HTTP_WITH_EMAIL_IN_URL URI: 'remove' URL contains an email address
 100 USER_IN_BLACKLIST      From: address is in the user's black-list
 1.9 MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY 'Content-Type' found without required MIME
headers

To appease some of the more intolerant users it would be useful
to have such detail included with the Spam reports sent out via
MailScanner. I've looked through the MailScanner configuration and
can't see anything that mentions the kind of report. Am I missing
something stupid or do I need to dig deeper in the SA config?

--

Julian Rawcliffe

London Business School, Sussex Place, Regents Park, London. NW1 4SA
t: +44 (0)20 7000 7782 direct  ---  Helpdesk t: +44 (0)20 7000 7700
m: +44 (0)7966 90 7782 mobile  ---  Helpdesk f: +44 (0)20 7724 6300
mailto:jrawcliffe at london.edu   ---  http://www.london.edu/technology/