Deliver Cleaned Messages

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Wed Feb 25 02:13:20 GMT 2004

In my MailScanner.conf, which has been updated through lots of versions, I find the
following:

Under the section heading " Virus Scaning and Vulnerability Testing"
Deliver Disinfected Files = no
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no

then, way down under "Changes to Message Headers"
Deliver Cleaned Messages = no

Did my conf file get a little mixed up during a previous upgrade?  I think the "Still
Deliver Silent Viruses" and the "Deliver Cleaned Messages" are really the same
thing, except applied to different groups of viruses.  I would have expected them to
be adjacent to one another in the conf file, and only today did I realize that I had to
set more than one.
--
Mark W. Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates