Dspam

Dan Hollis spamtrap71892316634 at ANIME.NET
Tue Feb 24 20:04:06 GMT 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Tony Johansson wrote:
> Has anyone had look at DSpam?
> See http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam
> The author seems to write off SpamAssassin as a filter totally (see
> http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/faq.html#1.7 ) and perl
> implementations in general
> any thoughts on that?

A bit overly aggressive on the claims. Most of it is 'mostly true', though
exaggerated. But it looks like 'just another bayes' to me, and lately
spammers have gotten pretty good at defeating statistical filtering. :-(

The most effective single method I can think of at this point is resolving
URLs in the body of spams, and if they resolve to china, korea, brazil or
russia -- bin them. That should be pretty hard to circumvent since doing
so would mean spammers would have to give up their
'offshore-bullet-proof-hosting', and I dont think they want to do that.

-Dan