How to completely clear the Bayes database

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Feb 24 17:15:10 GMT 2004

At 11:54 AM 2/24/2004, Michael St. Laurent wrote:
>Let's say that I've hosed my Bayes database and since I'm just getting
>started anyway I would like to dump everything and start fresh.  How would I
>do that?  I've been trying unsucessfully to locate the database files.

There are 3 files you need to locate:
         bayes_journal  bayes_seen  bayes_toks

Where they are will depend on your "SpamAssassin User State Dir" setting in
mailscanner.conf. If the setting is blank, it's going to be in the home
directory of whatever user SA runs as.

When you find those files, you can reset the bayes database by deleting
them with rm -f bayes_*

(rm -f is the method Theo recommends on the SpamAssassin list when people ask)