New feature request

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Tue Feb 24 16:44:33 GMT 2004

Hello again,

I was wondering if it would be possible for MS to look into archives
(mainly ZIP files) to block (remove/quarantine) enclosed files that
would normally be blocked by file(name|type).rules.conf?

I know this would require more processing but the recent viruses all use
ZIP files and I wouldn't want to block them all because I don't believe
my AV will always detect them before they strike.

Maybe there could also be a setting to block password-protected
archives?  People are so naive that they will open a password-protected
zip file if they know the sender...

Would there be interest for this?

Denis
--