Would stripping HTML before calling SA help?

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Feb 24 14:09:08 GMT 2004

Apologies for top posting - for reasons that will become clear!

Stripping HTML probably won't help as some of spamassassins best rules work on the HTML content.

However adding some extra rules to pick up this kind of thing will.

PLEASE DON'T forward spam or spam content to the list look what happens....

Hancock, Scott wrote:
> Our MailScanner believes that the attachment to this message sent to
> you
>
>     From: owner-mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk
>  Subject: Would stripping HTML before calling SA help?
>
> is Unsolicited Commercial Email (spam). Unless you are sure that this

My score BTW
        HTML_MESSAGE 0.10, J_BACKHAIR_21 1.00, J_BACKHAIR_22 1.00,
        J_BACKHAIR_31 1.00, J_BACKHAIR_32 1.00, J_BACKHAIR_34 1.00,
        J_BACKHAIR_35 1.00, J_BACKHAIR_41 1.00, J_BACKHAIR_43 1.00,
        J_BACKHAIR_45 1.00, J_CHICKENPOX_24 1.00, J_CHICKENPOX_34 1.00,
        J_CHICKENPOX_44 1.00, UPPERCASE_25_50 0.00)

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.