make copies of all emails - not archive

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Feb 24 08:15:41 GMT 2004

Harondel J. Sibble said:
> Have a situation where we need to have a copy of all emails that come in
and
> go out of the MS gateway machine be sent to and address on the internal
mailserver.

> Essentially the boss wants to see all the mail activity for the day, a
day
> log so to speak, which would be deleted each day or so.
>
> We have MS running running as the mail gateway and use a transport rule
> allow incoming mail for the domain to be delivered to the hidden
intranet
> mail server.  I know how to do archiving of all in/outbound mail on the
MS
> box, however I want to have it send a copy of all messages (hopefully
without
> mangling the headers) to and address on out Samsung Contact server
internally.

> Is this easy/simple to do?  We are running postfix 2.x on the MS box.

I would guess the easiest place to do this would be in the spam/ nonspam/
delivery options and set it to forward boss at tld deliver

To do it in Postfix would be messier (I think, no coffee yet so brain not
quite there ;-) )

Drew

> --
> Harondel J. Sibble
> Sibble Computer Consulting
> Creating solutions for the small business and home computer user.
> (604) 739-3709 (voice/fax)      (604) 686-2253 (pager)

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy