Training SA

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Tue Feb 24 03:58:17 GMT 2004

Michael St. Laurent wrote:

>Okay, I've got the feedback mechanism in place for training the Bayes
>engine.  Now for a few proceedural questions.  ;-D
>
>I have MailScanner set to add the {Spam?} tag to the Subject line and to
>make the original message an attachment.  Will either of these throw off the
>training process?  Is the sa-learn program able to extract the original
>message from the attachment and does it know that it should do so?
>
>--
>Michael St. Laurent
>Hartwell Corporation

So what do you do when the silly users put all thier spam in the good
folder and thier ham in the junk folder an you have automatically
already run the sa-leanr stuff on it?

This would certainly be a frequent occurance if we implemented
this...how do you handle it?

The whole reason we havent used any manual bayes already is because we
dont want to create extra work, which i think could cause us.