What is the best High SpamAssassin Score

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 19:57:22 GMT 2004

At 19:47 23/02/2004, you wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:22:42AM -0000, Randal, Phil wrote:
> > In my /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf:
> > Spamassassin needs to learn 200 spam before auto-learning kicks in, if I
> > recall correctly.  I used Steve Freegard's MailWatch
> > (http://mailwatch.sf.net) and fed spam to sa-learn from there.  Once Bayes
> > is trained, it makes quite a difference.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Phil

It's in "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf"...
        bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam n.nn (default: 0.1)
            The score threshold below which a mail has to score, to be fed into
            SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a non-spam mes-
            sage.

        bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam n.nn    (default: 12.0)
            The score threshold above which a mail has to score, to be fed into
            SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a spam message.

            Note: SpamAssassin requires at least 3 points from the header, and
            3 points from the body to auto-learn as spam.  Therefore, the mini-
            mum working value for this option is 6.

--
Julian Field