Which SA rule set considered "Best Practice"?

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Mon Feb 23 16:49:06 GMT 2004

Kai Schaetzl <mailto:maillists at CONACTIVE.COM> wrote:
>> 1) Enable DNSBLs by installing Net::DNS.
>
> or enable right at MTA level, our spam influx has dropped to less
> than 10% after enabling a few well chosen RBLs (blocking proxy and
> dynamic IPs is the best) plus bogus HELO plus our own access.db. SA
> does its job on the remainder and gets more than 99%.

Actually, our DNS RBL check is done at the firewall.  We have FWTK as our
SMTP proxy and the RBL patches are installed.  We're using .bl.spamcop.net,
.sbl.spamhaus.org and .xbl.spamhaus.org.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation